Thursday, October 18, 2012

Confessions of a Mother

We recently welcomed our 2nd child into the family, a little girl, Stella and boy is she precious! Thinking how grown up our son had become I knew he would take right to her but I was sadly mistaken he didn't want to have a single thing to do with her! He wouldn't talk to me for a week. The day we brought her home from the hospital he refused to come in the house because Stella was in there. My heart was broken! I felt Cash would never forgive me for having another baby.

He has finally after 6 weeks has started to warm up to her but we have a long road ahead of us I'm afraid! He completely regressed with potty training so now I have two in diapers and he has gotten in more trouble at school, like hitting kids and tearing things up ( what happens to my sweet boy? Please come back ) he has also gotten more demanding. He is constantly " Mama do this, Mama do that" (" I don't care if your holding the baby or not or if the baby is hanging upside down not breathing you talk to me and do what I want first") I feel bad but he has had to learn to wait that baby can't do anything for herself do we have to help her.

So my advice is ease the older one into big sibling hood slowly! By maybe letting them tickle baby's feet or helping you burp them ( gently ) we still have a long way to go but I know we will get there! ( let's hope sooner or later or mom might book her a trip to the Bahamas and never look back and see how daddy handles things for a while )

No comments:

Post a Comment